Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Product Review: As I Am Double Butter Cream Rich Daily Moisturizer


The hair gods are alive & they just answered my prayers !! I've spent literally years looking for a product that would be able to give me definition (lawd just a little) for when it came to me achieving twist outs, braid out's and any other style that needed definition in order to pop. I found it in this one product- by MISTAKE !! I was in need of a hair moisturizer during bar study that would be pocket friendly and still have mostly natural ingredients for my hair. I was at the Walgreens by my school and stumbled upon the As I Am Double Butter Cream. I got the 8 oz for about $8 (prices seem to have went up or I just snagged a sale) and it was the best $8 I have ever spent. Here's the breakdown




PRO's

  • The first ingredient is water ! 
  • This cream left my hair feeling moisturized and conditioned.
  • It has a lot of natural yummy ingredients that are great for your tresses.
  • The cream is not too heavy nor too light so it is ideal for all hair textures- from fine to coarse !! (I have coarse hair)
  • It works well as a a styling cream too. 


CON's

  • A little pricey- $15 for a 8 oz container. 

INGREDIENTS

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) ¹ and Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla) ¹ and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹ and Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root¹, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)¹, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil¹, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (CocoaButter)¹, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil¹, Emulsifying Wax NF, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil¹, Glycerin¹, Lanolin¹, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹ , Beeswax¹, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil¹, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein², Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil2, Carbomer, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene.
Source: 1-Natural; 2-Wheat derived





All in all, I think it is worth it for the price and will be adding this item to list of holy grail products !! I'm almost out of it and will be reupping this weekend. Hopefully I can spot some of their other products and use them as well ! I've heard nothing but good things about this line so I am excited to try the rest of their products.

Have you ever used AS I AM products? How do you like them? Leave comments below !




1 comment:

  1. I use their whole product line and it's phenomenal! My hair took a 360. I get tons of compliments now!!

    ReplyDelete