Monday, December 9, 2013

Henna & Amla Treatment



      Two weeks ago I decided to try an Amla & Henna Treatment on my hair. When I normally do Henna treatments, I normally use Henna as the main powder and nothing else but I decided to experiment and mix in a small batch of Amla. The whole process time for took about a day. I usually let mine sit overnight so I don't have to be bothered with it, apply it to my hair the next day for a couple of hours 2-6, rinse off and continue with a deep conditioner and so forth. Keep on reading for details on how to make your own Henna & Amla treatment as well as the benefits !

Personal Experience: I swear by Henna because it actually works for my hair. I've seen results and I like what it does to my hair. The first time I actually saw benefits from using Henna was my third treatment. I applied a Henna treatment to my hair and after about a month I took my hair out from its protective hair styling it was nice and thick. Like my hair is thick, but my hair was extra, like where did you come from thick? So be patient when using Henna. You may not see it the first or second time, but sooner down the line the benefits will be worth it.




Pros of Henna:

  • Great for dyeing those stubborn grays that won't go away.
  • Slightly colors hair.
  • Thickens & strengthens hair. 
  • Smoother & Shinier hair. 

Con's of Henna:

  • May loosen curl pattern.
  • May cause hair to be dry on some, but this can easily be fixed with a little TLC from your favorite conditioner. 
  • The application is a mess. Cover application with garbage bags or any other covering as this tends to fly everywhere and stains easily. 


Ingredients:

  • Henna Powder (I used one pack, the longer the thicker may need 2 depending on amount of Amla used)(I used Nupur- can be found on Amazon or local Indian grocer)
  • Amla Powder (1/4 pack)(I used Hesh- can be found on Amazon or local Indian grocer)
  • Cheap conditioner
  • Water/any other Liquid (I used green tea)
  • Olive Oil & Avocado Oil (or substitute for any oils you like)
  • Mixing bowl (preferably one you won't eat out of)

Process:
  1. Get your henna and alma powder and pour into mixing bowl
  2. Add some conditioner - about half cup 
  3. Add oils - (eyeball amount that's comfortable enough for you)
  4. Add green tea- enough for the whole mixture to become a creamy consistency - like thick yogurt
  5. Leave covered in fridge overnight/or for a couple of hours enough for dye to come out. 
  6. Apply on freshly shampooed hair
  7. Leave in hair for about 4-6 hours 
  8. Follow up with normal wash routine starting with deep conditioner.
  9. Enjoy the benefits of your Henna & Amla Treatment ! 
Have you tried a Henna Treatment before? How were you're results? 

No comments:

Post a Comment