Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crochet Install: Part 1



I've been dying to get some crochet's in my head ! Like literally. Every day for the past two weeks I've been on instagram searching for every picture tagged with #crochetbraids- just for a little inspiration. I also did it because I wanted to try Kinky/Marley hair in place of my usual Freetress curl, & I had to watch numerous  youtube videos to make sure I was making the right decision. So after giving my hair the royal treatment yesterday. I braided up my hair and proceeded to install my Kinky hair.



Before installing the kinky hair, I decided to go the extra step and co wash the kinky hair to make it a little softer and also to get rid of any left over chemical residues that might've still been on the hair. I also decided to go this route because synthetic kinky hair tends to be really "nappy" and "hard" so I wanted to make the hair as soft as possible.

Well I installed the hair this morning and it took me about 4 hours- longer than usual lol, maybe because as usual I decided to take eating breaks, facetime, ie the usual disturbances. Anyways, I noticed before I even finished one side of my head, my hair was B-I-G. Ugh. I like big hair but this was too much. So I proceeded to thin out the hair as much as possible through cutting as well as brushing and combing. It worked !

I didn't think I would like it but I love my hair so far and I'm not even done with it. My plan tonight is to twist my hair up and put some bantu knots in. Hopefully this will give me some type of curl. If not I'll just put my hair in rollers and dip in hot water !

Here's my hair at stage 1 ! Doesn't it look R-E-A-L ?!



No comments:

Post a Comment