Sunday, March 23, 2014

Oil Rinsing for Hair

Hey Loves !

Back here today with another beneficial hair method for my ladies. As women with natural hair, especially African American women, our hair is prone to dryness. But like other things that come out way, this can easily be fixed in a variety of ways. Today's method for helping retain moisture in our hair is by way of oil rinsing.

Oil rinsing is a method of applying oil(s) to your hair after shampooing but before you deep condition. This can be achieved either by letting it sit on your hair with or without hair for about 5-30 minutes or more. It is different from pre-pooing beccause pre-pooing is done before shampoo is applied to the hair.



Before my recent crochet set I decided to do an oil rinse & my oh my. My hair was softer than a baby's butt. No lie. My hair was soft, manageable and easy to detangle while prepping my hair for my deep conditioner. I used Africa's Best Herbal oil blend (it has a -cone but ugh - I've decided to use the whole bottle up until I feel like making my own- or not ) as an oil of my choice because I did not want to restrict my hair to only one type of oil; I feel like thats what the pre-poo is for.

I left the oil on my hair for about 30 minutes to an hour- I can't quite remember, but 30 Minutes is all you need for the oils to do their job. After this I did a quick rhassoul deep treatment and commenced with the styling of my hair. Overall- I think I will definitely be adding this step to my hair regimen now ! It was that good !

Ingredients:

Soy Bean Oil, Walnut Seed Oil, Kiwi Fruit Extract, Olive Fruit Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Safflower Oil And Calendula Extract And Yarrow Extract And Cucumber Extract And Carrageenan Extract And Ginseng Extract And Sage Extract And Comfrey Extract And Ginseng Extract And Sage Extract And Comfrey Extract And Aloe Extract, Fragrance

- With the only one bad ingredient (the Tocopheryl) I really liked all the oils that was in this mix. I may make something identical to this soon except without the unneeded ingredients !

Have you oiled yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment