Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Being Straight !




So two weeks I ago I straightened my hair. Not so much because I wanted straight hair (I hate my hair straight) but to make it easier to trim/cut my hair. Well I decided to visit a Dominican hair salon because that's where one of my classmates had gotten her hair straightened and her hair came out gorgeous ! Anyways let's just say never ever will I ever ! Ever ! Sit down in any Dominican hair salon again ! Low key might not even sit down at any hair salon ! My problem started when the hair stylist had me under the dryer for what seemed like 3 hours. Then commenced the blow drying and then flat iron. It wasn't so much being under the hair dryer that got me, but the fact that SHE went over each piece of hair about 6 times to get it straight ! -_- ! I felt like yelling out to her that it wasn't going to get any straighter but decided to keep shut. At that point of time, I had already told myself that my hair was damaged and I would have to think of new ways to repair my heat damaged ends ! Long story short- my hair was the straightest it had ever been since I went natural-- and also stayed straight for about a week before I decided to wash it all off- except for the edges on the right side that seemed to be frizzed up. Anyways I prayed to the hair gods to grant me back retention, no heat damaged strands or limp hair and they answered ! Once I finished giving my hair the "oh so special" treatment- it went back to being thick and coarse and I swore off flat ironing my hair forever. Well I think.



Other than my horrible experience at the hair salon, I was kinda digging the straight look from having it left out - to pin curling it to a nice classy pompadour. My hair was nice.  I also liked the "just had a haircut look" with my hair looking even on both sides.

Check out more pictures below !





No comments:

Post a Comment