Monday, January 6, 2014

Protective Hair Style: The Curly Wig




The winter months are all about protecting your hair as much as you can from the harsh elements of this cruel cruel weather. I'm in Houston so not that cruel, but you get my point. I usually do protective hair styles all year long giving myself breaks in between each style ranging from 1 day to 3 weeks max.  I'm a law school student so I don't have time to continuously do twist outs and Bantu-knots every three days- ain't nobody got time !!!

So I decided to go ahead with a temporary protective hair style where I could take care of my hair every day as well as leave it protected. (I'll do a post later on my take on temporary vs. permanent protective hair styles soon). But moving along, I decide to stop at my local beauty supply store in my hood and pick up some curly hair to make a wig. For some reason- I prefer using curly hair to make wigs then straight hair but I'm opposite when doing sew in's, I know I know so weird.

Well I picked up my hair and was impressed with the curl pattern as well as  the quality of the hair for it not to be superior human hair quality. Below are all the items I used to achieve this look. I hope you guys enjoy !





Products Used

  1. Que Milky Way Hair Deep Wave (Human Hair) (can be bought online or local beauty supply store)
  2. Dome Cap
  3. Thread and Needle (For Hair not Clothes people)
  4. Stocking Cap 
  5. Mannequin head
*Don't forget to fluff out your curls to give it volume and body- this can be achieved either by combing or brushing the curls. Nobody wants limp curls guhhhh ! 

Pictures of my Wig Tiana ( Yes, I name all my wigs as well as objects- my mannequin name is Betty :/). 




1 comment:

  1. This is my first time go to see at here and i am genuinely pleassant to read everthing at one place.
    clown wigs

    ReplyDelete