Saturday, January 4, 2014

Deep Conditioner Treatment With Red Palm Oil




My wash days have been all out of wack since I got to Dallas. Soon I'll be back to Houston and back to normality. But Anyway's that's not why I'm here. I declared yesterday wash day because for the last week my hair has been extra dry and adding on top of that I've been sleeping naked aka no bonnet wearing bandit ! Sigh.

Anyways, I knew I needed something that was rich in moisture and would combat my extra dry hair. I found the solution right in my mom's pantry. Red Palm Oil. No, I just did not wake up and decide to put palm oil in my hair. I had researched oils that combat really dry hair and ran across Palm Oil and decided to do some extensive research on it. I was sold.

I added about 1/4 cup of palm oil to my Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Masque Treatment and left it in over night. Bad idea. I turned my pillows orange, but then again if I had not been lazy and washed it out while I was supposed to or better yet added more shower caps then I would've been fine.  But oh how my hair was oh so soft when I stepped in the shower this morning. I felt like maybe, just maybe I had found the solution to my hair being so dry and not retaining as much moisture as it should. As I write this now, My hair is currently drying in plaits using the LOC method. I keep touching my hair to see whether it's going to dry up as it normally does but it seems to be holding up the moisture perfectly. Granted my hair isn't completely 100% dry yet so I don't want to scream Palm Oil as a holy grail product just yet.

I'll keep yall updated once my hair is dry or not on whether this oil right here is a keeper  !


No comments:

Post a Comment