Saturday, April 5, 2014

Crochet Install: Part 2




I know , I know. I'm late with this post, but school has been kicking my ass. Like literally. Im in class right now. There's no end to this law school madness, but none the less I am here so let's talk ! NATURAL HAIR !!

If you read my first post on my crochet's then this hairstyle isn't new. After I installed my crochet hair using marley hair- I decided to set my hair with bantu knot like curls using perm rods ! The after math: Gorge ! My curls came out so flawless and perfect- and the fact that it looked like the hair was growing from my head made it that much better !





I used smedium and medium/large perm rod's to achieve this look. I used two different types of rods because I wanted the curls to look voluminous and not all to be one size. Honestly, you couldn't even tell that I had used different size rods for this hairstyle. I used mousse to set my hair, then spiraled the hair onto the rod. After that, I dipped the rods in hot water (make sure its hot not scalding), toweled dry and left to air dry. To make this process faster you can sit under a hooded dryer- but I skipped this step.


Pictures:


*update. I took this style last week after having it in for more than a month. I decided to give it a new look by cutting it into a bob- and I wore this for about two more weeks before I finally decided to take it out !




1 comment:

  1. How did you braid your hair before you installed the marley hair? Straight back?

    ReplyDelete