Monday, April 7, 2014

OH HENNA !

For those that don't know- nothing gets my hair right like a great henna treatment ! It makes my hair stronger and thicker so the benefits outweigh any disadvantages that henna may have on the hair. -Well my hair at least. I did a previous post on my Henna & Amla treatment - so to read the pros/cons of henna make sure you revisit my post ! (http://mykinkyroots.blogspot.com/2013/12/henna-amla-treatment.html#more)



For this particular treatment I kept it basic - no added ayurvedic powders except for my henna !

Ingredients:

  1. Nupur Henna - 2 5g packs 
  2. Tresseme Naturals Conditioner 
  3. Lemon Juice 
  4. Sweet Almond Oil
  5. Water 
  6. Brahami oil- I added a little bit of this oil to my mix when I was ready to apply it to my hair (optional step). 
I added all of these ingredients into a bowl until I got a thick yogurt consistency. Then I applied onto my hair as if giving myself a perm and left it on my hair overnight ! The next morning I washed the henna out of my hair (around 8:30isham) and proceeded with my normal hair regimen !

How do you henna ?

Check out some pictures from the jump !







Henna brightens my hair up temporarily- but it usually fades away after a couple of washes. Her you can see my curl pattern. Coily in the middle, loose in the back, and no curl pattern in the front :(




The very bright red parts of my hair near the front are my grays ! Henna is the only thing that can color them ! [in my case] 


No comments:

Post a Comment