Thursday, February 6, 2014

Castor Oil X Cayenne Pepper Hair Challenge



It's finally here ! I am excited to announce my first ever hair challenge that I will be conducting ! This challenge is different than other hair challenges because of its spicy twist ! I meant that literally. I at first wanted to go ahead and do a castor oil challenge to help with the growth and thickening of hair, but when I came across cayenne pepper as a growth stimulant for hair, and researched on youtube and the web about success stories using this spice I just had to do it. This will be a simple challenge without the extra hassle of having to check in every day or every week. If I get at least five people interested in doing the challenge with me I will give a prize at the end of the challenge to one lucky winner ! Because my hair will personally be in protective styles during this period I decided to do this challenge both ways. Route 1 & Route 2 ! Both involving different methods/steps.





If you have not read my post yet about the benefits of castor oil and cayenne pepper for hair please do so before embarking on this journey ! This journey is meant to be educative and informative on not only getting to know you hair but practicing self discipline !

THIS CHALLENGE WILL BEGIN SUNDAY FEBRUARY 16TH AND WILL END WEDNESDAY MAY 7TH. ( 2 MONTHS AND 3 WEEKS AKA 80 DAYS ) ! 

Ok here are the rules !

ROUTE 1 CHALLENGE RULES
  1. 100% Castor Oil should be used for this challenge. Jamaican Black Castor Oil or Cold pressed Castor Oil are both fine. (I personally will be using the JBCO with rosemary oil :))
  2. Apply Castor/Cayenne oil mix to hair 1-2x a week (basic), 2-3x a week (intermediate), or 5-6x a week (advanced). 
  3. Either pre-poo with castor oil & cayenne mix or add mix to any deep conditioner of your choice when you deep condition (at least once a week). 
  4. Document progress every two weeks and record in notebook.
  5. Make sure to check in during check in dates to share progress ! (This will guarantee you participation in the raffle for the giveaway if I do decide to do one !)


ROUTE 2 CHALLENGE RULES (FOR HAIR IN PROTECTIVE STYLES)

    1. 100% Castor Oil should be used for this challenge. Jamaican Black Castor Oil or Cold pressed Castor Oil are both fine. (I personally will be using the JBCO with rosemary oil :))
    2. Apply Castor/Cayenne oil mix to hair 1-2x a week (basic), 2-3x a week (intermediate), or 5-6x a week (advanced).
    3. Pre-poo with castor oil & cayenne mix or add mix to any deep conditioner of your choice when you deep condition after Every protective hair style ! - If hair is not in protective hair style this should be done (at least once a week). 
    4. Document Progress every two weeks and record in a notebook. 
    5. Make sure to check in during check in dates to share progress ! (This will guarantee you participation in the raffle for the giveaway if I do decide to do one !)
    CHECK IN DATES:
    1. MONDAY MARCH 17TH 2014
    2. WEDNESDAY APRIL 16TH 2014
    3. WEDNESDAY MAY 7TH 2014
    For each check up date, you must post a picture documenting your hair growth so far, as well as any other comments you have and what level you are participating in ! 

    Registration:


    • Please email me at "thedopekloset@gmail.com or obiseluj1@gmail.com to register ! All I need is your name and email address ! 
    • You must also be subscribed to my youtube channel as well as instagram to qualify for the prize !
    Youtube: Youtube
    Instagram: itsmissnay


    The challenge starts Sunday February 16th ! See yall then !


    6 comments:

    1. Replies
      1. No it's not please email me --> obiseluj1@gmail.com

        Delete
    2. When will you be posting the pictures of the results?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ill be posting pics of my hair in about two weeks and then again in May when the challenge will be over/close to over

        Delete
    3. Hi, i was wondering how this went and if you would recommend this. Because i could not find before and after pics on your blog nor a follow up video on your youtube channel

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hey I would recommend it - the only thing is try to avoid getting it on your neck - if you have sensitive skin- I did have pictures but unfortunately my mac crashed so everything I had regarding this challenge was erased !

        Delete