Monday, December 29, 2014

6 Month Protective Hair Challenge (Jan 1- Jun 1 2015)




I love challenges. Even though I find it hard to follow through with them all the way (*raise your hand we are all guilty of this) but as the new year approaches I've made it a duty to stick to this one (I've lied about other things too).

Ok, no seriously. I think doing a 6 month protective hair challenge will help me reach my desired goals by my three year anniversary date. Plus, my hair is always in protective hair styles so I might as well utilize it to my benefit right? So if you're looking for something to do this new year join in on the fun and let's protect our hair together !



GAINS OF THIS CHALLENGE
  • Increase in hair growth as well as retaining hair length from hair that has already grown. 
  • Increase in hair length. 
  • Getting to know your hair. What works for it what doesn't during your journey. 


This challenge will start on January 1st 2015 and end on June 1st 2015. 

CHALLENGE RULES 

  • Take pictures of the front, side, and back of your hair for reference points to use during this journey and to track your progress. 
  • Make sure ends are trimmed and split ends are taken care of. You don't want to start this challenge with damaged ends. 
  • Wash/Deep Condition your hair every time you take it out of a style. Depending on how long you tend to keep your styles in, this may range in btw 1week to 1 month. I recommend washing your hair every 2-3 weeks, co-washing and deep conditioning your hair if you will be styling your hair very often. I personally won't. 
  • Do a pre-poo/hot oil treatment or oil rinse each time you cleanse your hair. 
  • Black tea rinse once a month. 
  • Use a tshirt to dry hair and allow hair to air dry. NO HEAT. AT ALL. NONE. A STEAMER IS FINE. 
  • Use a steamer for at least 30 mins if you have one. If you don't have one, there are various alternatives you can use. 
  • Make sure you moisturize and seal your hands at least every 2-3 days. 
  • Spritz hair daily with WATER based spray of your choice. 
  • Wrap hair in a silk based bonnet, scarf or use silk based pillow cases to protect your hair from dryness. 
  • Take a hair growth aid or vitamin to help you on your hair growth journey. I will personally be using Biotin (this is optional).
  • Drink PLENTY of water. 
  • Maintain a healthy diet if possible. 
  • Track hair length every month preferably falling on the same day to track length, ie Feb 1st, Mar 1st, April 1st and so on. 
Feel free to shoot me an email if you feel frustrated or stuck during this challenge. We are al learning and shooting towards one goal so please don't feel afraid to ask for help. I will be posting weekly tips for encouragement and to help stay on track.

Here are my current measurements ! More pics will be posted in my hair goals post tomorrow !


3 comments:

  1. These choices appear to be one of the prevalent decisions of numerous intrigued players on the Internet.
    http://trollfacequestx.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recreations of procedure on a gaming site may incorporate those recognizable amusements, for example, checkers, chess, and that's just the beginning.
    http://pixelwarfarex.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methodology gaming choices are made to test one's capacities in speculation and playing the recreations
    http://uphillrushx.com/

    ReplyDelete