Tuesday, December 23, 2014

DIY: Avocado & Palm Oil Intense Moisture Repair Treatment Masque (Perfect for Dry & Itchy Scalp)




Hey guys ! I'm here with another great DIY hair treatment. This time I am combining two of my fave conditioning products to give you guys an intense moisture treatment masque that is perfect for this drying winter weather. I've always been a fan of avocado deep conditioning treatments and decided to revisit it since I would be prepping my hair for a protective style. I decided to add some Palm oil into the mix because of how moisturized it left my hair every time I used it. Hence, the perfect moisture powerhouse.

This treatment masque features just two (& 1 optional) products ! An Avocado and some Red Palm oil. You should be able to find both of these items in your neighborhood supermarket. For all my African & even Asian peeps, these items can be found right in your kitchen (trust me).

Before we go into the recipe, lets check out the benefits of both avocados and palm oil for hair.


BENEFITS OF AVOCADO'S
  • Vitamin powerhouse rich in vitamins A, K, C, E, B6, protein, fiber, prolate, copper and potassium. 
  • Anti fungal and Anti-Bacterial 
  • Prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth.
  • Used to improve hair condition by acting as a moisturizer. 
  • Can be used to treat dry and itchy scalp. 
  • Makes hair shiny. 
  • Helps strengthen hair.

BENEFITS OF RED PALM OIL
  • Rich in beta-carotene and is a great anti-oxidant. 
  • Softens hair, improves elasticity and adds shine to hair. 
  • Rich in Vitamin E which benefits the hair by promoting cell growth of the hair follicles resulting in stronger hair. 
  • Prevent hair from becoming weak and brittle. 
  • The anti-bacterial properties clean the skin and scalp creating a healthy environment for hair growth. 


Now time for the Recipe !


AVOCADO & RED PALM OIL INTENSE MOISTURE REPAIR TREATMENT MASQUE 

ITEMS NEEDED:

  1. a bowl or container to mix in 
  2. blender
  3. avocados (1 or 2 depending on hair length, more if longer)
  4. 1/4 cup Red Palm oil 
  5. 2 cap Avocado oil (totally optional)
Peel and scoop out the avocados into a blender. Blend the avocados & palm oil until very smooth. Pour mixture into container and apply mixture onto head dividing hair into sections and applying from root to tip focusing on your ends. Once the mixture is applied, cover head with shower cap and sit under dryer or steamer for 15 minutes or leave on head for 45 minutes to 1 hour without heat.(*I personally chose not to use any heat this time). Wash out and style ! Your hair should feel soft, defined and very moisturized. I honestly didn't even bother with a rinse out conditioner. I would def recommend this diy conditioner. It's mess & stain free and your hair won't be full of avocado pulp when done ! 

Note: *Make sure you rinse  your hair at least two times to make sure the redness from the palm oil is completely gone. Palm oil does stain !! 

My results: 













Have you ever tried a avocado & palm oil treatment ? If so what were your experiences? 



1 comment:

  1. It's a really good hair mask made my dry hair soft and defined my curls

    ReplyDelete