Tuesday, December 9, 2014

L.O.C Method vs. L.C.O Method : Which is Better ?


I came across the LOC & LCO method earlier this year and was quite interested to see how these two methods alongside other modifications have taken the natural hair community by storm. Honestly, I've always done the L.C.O method. Ok I lie. When I big chopped my second time I started using this method although I didn't learn it actually had a name lol . Ok so let's start with the basics. Using this method personally has done wonders from my head. Before I just use to apply oil then everything else and soon realized this was a big no-no. Now my strands feel moisturized most of the time and my hair is currently the same length it was before I cut it - in only 2 years !!



With the harsh winter or cold soon upon us, it's imperative to protect our hair especially our fragile and old ends. Using one of these methods is a sure guarantee for better and stronger hair. I've never tried the L.O.C. method but I'll give it a try this month and see how my hair reacts to it versus the L.C.O. method.

MY PERSONAL L.C.O L.M.O. METHOD: 

  1. L- Water/Leave in Conditioner (liquid)
  2. CM- Water based cream moisturizer (not butter)
  3. Oil- I use either an oil or butter to seal. 

So let's get into  it !

The L.O.C. Method 

Liquid - Liquid of your choice (Can be water or leave in spray/conditioner).

Oil - Oil of your choice.

Cream/Moisturizer - Cream or moisturizer of your choice such as Shea butter.


L.C.O Method

Liquid - Liquid of your choice or leave in spray/conditioner. 

Cream/Moisturizer- Cream or moisturizer of your choice like a hair butter. 

Oil - Apply a coat of oil to seal seal your moisture. 


Doing research on these methods, I've learned a lot of people use butters such as Shea, mango, cocoa as their "Cream". I honestly don't use butters as a cream  because in my opinion they act as a solid oil, mostly sealing your hair instead of moisturizing. So wouldn't a butter cream and oil be basically double oiling?  But hey, it seems to work for most people so more power to them !  


Have you tried either of these methods? Which method does your hair prefer? 



No comments:

Post a Comment